(1) Avoid added sugars (including fructose, honey, molasses, fruit-juice sweeteners, etc.) and all sugar-sweet foods and snacks, including cakes, cookies, candies, desserts, sodas, fruit-juice and ice-cream, unless they are made with Stevia extract, which is a natural sweetener, available at health food stores. 1-2 servings of whole-fruits per day (except the very sweetest kinds, like grapes, watermelon and mango) are okay.
(2) Avoid white-starch foods, like white bread, cakes, cookies, white pasta, white rice, potatoes w/o their skins, and all refined flours, etc These foods are okay in moderation; Whole-grain flour, potatoes with their peels, whole-grain brown or wild rice, whole-grain pasta.
(3) Increase your intake of essential oils, especially omega-3 oils. These include: Fish oils, and oily fish, like salmon, mackerel, tuna-in-oil, sardines-in-oil, etc.; Flax-seed oil, one tablespoon or three capsules twice daily. Avocadoes, nuts, olives and olive-oil, canola and other vegetable oils are mostly omega-6, which are also good but not as lacking in our diets. Primrose or Borage oil is good too. Any of these oils can be used as a substitute for canola or olive oil, on breads and salads.
(4) Avoid antibiotics and cortisone-type prescriptions if at all possible.
Enjoy these foods also; Onions and garlic, fresh vegetables and their juices (beware of carrot juice it contains a lot of sugar)rice cakes, oat cakes (unmalted),soy milks, butter, yogurt, cottage cheese, (no other dairy). Herbs, mild spices, freshly cracked nuts, seeds, fresh water, fruit and herb teas cold pressed oils brown rice and flours, use for cakes and pastry etc. oats (oatmeal makes an excellent breakfast , make with water and serve with nuts, seeds and yogurt. Meats, unprocessed and preferably organic or free-range. Fish, preferably unprocessed and wild, oily fish is best! Eggs, lentils, peas and beans.
Candida overgrowth is a terrible problem and it takes discipline and time to overcome. It may be a trying 6 to 8 weeks but once the Candida is under control you will feel much better. Please feel free to contact us for tips, recipes and any other questions or concerns you may have.
Much luck and happy cleansing!
- What is Candida Overgrowth? -Candida is an overgrowth of yeast in the body. Yeasts are parasitic organisms that absorb our nutrients and produce toxic waste. Our bodies are supposed to have what is called “friendly bacteria” in our colon. They are part of our immune system and act as protective shields for our body , their main function is to keep bad bacteria from entering the body.
- Eliminating Parasites –“I have been on your program for 3 weeks now and I have to let you know how much I appreciate all of the help that I have received from your company. I was told about your program from a friend at work but after already trying a similar product I was reluctant.
- How the Liver Detox’s the Body –People today are becoming more aware of the consequences of allowing poisons to accumulate within one of the body’s major organs-the liver. Consumers are thus investigating the benefits of using specific dietary supplements to detoxify this significant member of the digestive system.
- The Importance of Detoxification -Colon cleansing and body detoxification is the cornerstone of health and well-being. In order for the body to efficiently use the nutrients from the supplements and foods we eat, cleansing the accumulated waste and parasites from our colon is crucial. A toxic body results in numerous ailments.
- How to Lose Weight While Cleansing Your Colon –A detoxification diet is a short-term food regimen that minimizes the amount of chemicals ingested (e.g. by choosing organic food). It emphasizes foods containing the vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants that the body needs for detoxification, as well as foods that draw out toxins by increasing the body’s frequency of bowel movements and urination.
- Diminish AllergicSymptoms and Candida – According to conventional western medicine, afood allergyis the result of the body’s immune system’s misdirected reaction to food substances, mostly proteins. Wheat is one of the most common food allergies. While the wheat allergen may appear to be the root cause of your runny nose,we believe that when allergies appear, the body is communicating its struggle to cope with both its internal and external environment.